NGN Stands for Non-Geographic Numbers, they ring where you as the owner
wants them to ring, at branch office, home worker, or to shift workload to another
branch for instance. We offer the full range including 03 numbers, just let us know
The various number ranges are designed for different tasks:
- 0800 and 0808 for calls that are free to the caller, paid for by the receiving number.
- 0844 calls are paid for by the caller, the rate is above or around the BT national
- 0845 - originally set up as a 'local rate' tariff, based on old BT local rates.
They are widely used but real local rates are now generally lower.
- 0870 numbers are fading away because new Ofcom rules mean they will no longer pay
a 'rebate' to the receiving number.
- 0871 numbers are taking over many previous 0870 numbers, and do pay a rebate to the
- 09xx numbers are Premium Rate numbers for specialist services, catalogue purchase,
weather reports, racing tips and other uses.
All these number ranges enable calls to be received anywhere in the UK, simply being
'pointed' to a number which can be changed quickly according to needs of volume,
time of day, major events and emergencies. They also enable better customer service
because the firm being called knows exactly how many calls are made, the length of
time people are kept waiting, and if they fail to get through, or get engaged. The
software can also report if a failed call is later successful.
We can provide all the above services and the management statistics. Clients in the
entertainment, literary and business world use the information to ensure sufficient
staff are available to answer calls, thus ensuring clients do not ring off in frustration.
We look closely at what you need for inbound calls and discuss the financial implications
with you. Calls can be sent to different destination numbers according to their
area of origin, for instance builders' merchants have one national 0800 number but
route their calls to the nearest depot.
These numbers can improve the way you do business - talk to us about it.